Well, the final of the T20 World Cup 2021 will see an exciting match between Australia and New Zealand. The match is scheduled to happen at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Sunday on November 14. Also, neither of both the teams stepped into the tournament as favorites but their skills indeed have the things to make a place in the finals.
Talking about it, New Zealand’s campaign initially was not so good as the team had to face a five-wicket defeat against Pakistan. However, the Kiwis once again got back on track and now they made it to the finals. Facing the England team in the semi-finals, did a pretty good job and made a note of a sensational hitting from Daryl Mitchell that took New Zealand home. Aussies performed exceptionally well too on the league stage. Well, they did have an eight-wicket defeat against England.
Next, they faced Pakistan in the semi-final, where David Warner, Marcus Stoinis, and Matthew Wade particularly played well, impressing all your friends. Their shots took the Aussies’ winning point and talking about the important stats, here’s a glimpse of it ahead of the Final of the T20 World Cup 2021. Team Australia dominates New Zealand and previously both the teams were sitting facing each other at 14 T20Is. In that, 9 games landed in Australia’s favor while the Kiwis had only won five games in their hands.
As per the reports, in the World Cup, the head-to-head record stands 1-0 giving New Zealand an upper hand.
- 25 – Aaron Finch requires 25 runs to become the second Australian and sixth player overall to complete ten thousand T20 runs.
- 7 – Glenn Maxwell needs seven hits to become the second Australian after Aaron Finch to complete hundred sixes in T20Is.
- 4 – David Warner may complete 100 T20I sixes as he is four big hits away from the milestone.
- 30 – Tim Seifert needs 30 runs to complete 2,500 runs .
- 1 – Mitchell Santner can complete 50 sixes and needs one hit over the fence to get the milestone.
- 31 – Ashton Agar needs 31 runs to complete a thousand runs in T20 cricket.
- 1 – David Warner needs just one grab to complete 150 catches in T20 cricket.
- 1376 – Glenn Phillips scores 1376 T20 runs this year, becoming third-most by any player in 2021.
- 1 – Martin Guptill (23) needs one six to become the New Zealand player with the most sixes in T20 World Cups. He and Ross Taylor share the record now.
- 49 – Guptill needs 49 runs to go past Brendon McCullum’s tally of 637 runs to become New Zealand’s leading run-scorer.