WhatsApp is expected to roll out a few features in the near future and the company is planning to add a new option for last seen a new disappearing chats feature, and a redesigned group info page. WhatsApp might also allow high-resolution videos or images. The details are as follows-
- New option for Last Seen: WhatsApp plans for the ability to hide last seen for a specific contact. This feature was first seen by WaBetaInfo and now it will be available to iOS and Android users. The “My contacts except” option in the privacy settings, which will allow users to enable last seen for specific people. If you don’t want to show a few contacts when you were last online on WhatsApp then you can go for it.
- Disappearing chats: In WaBetaInfo, this feature will be available for both one-on-one chats and groups on WhatsApp. It will automatically convert new chat threads to ephemeral chat in the Privacy settings. By this, all the messages in every new chat or group will disappear after some time. WhatsApp might only notify users when disappearing messages mode is enabled in a new chat. It was spotted in 188.8.131.52 WhatsApp beta version.
- Group icon editor, redesigned group info page: The feature was spotted in Android beta version 184.108.40.206 and it will help us to quickly create icons for groups, when they don’t have an image. You can choose the background colour of the icon, emojis and stickers as an option. The company is redesigning the group info page, and you might see chat and call buttons front and centre. This redesign was seen in the 220.127.116.11 WhatsApp for iOS beta version, as per WaBetaInfo.
- High-resolution videos or photos: Well many users are happy with sending poor quality media so the company is working on a new feature to select the video or photo upload quality. Now, users will soon be able to choose between a ‘Best Quality’ mode, a ‘Data Saver’ mode, and an Auto mode that will also adjust the quality of video you share with your contacts.
- Images into stickers: As per he reports, the messaging app is planning to add a new feature, which will allow you to convert all the images into stickers. Once the feature is available, users will see a new sticker icon next to the caption bar. You can use it when you upload a new picture on the app. First select that icon, then WhatsApp will send the image as a sticker and not as an ordinary picture. As per the information received, users will be able to verify if the image that they have sent is a sticker or not in WhatsApp. This feature is currently under development process and is available in the 2.2137.3 desktop beta version.