Pollution has become the biggest problem for all. The effects of pollution are harmful to our health and probably our skin too. It’s not just that the harmful UV rays from the sun harm our skin, air pollution does the same too. Pollution can result in dull, older-looking skin. It’s not that you can completely protect your skin from pollution. As we have to face pollution nowadays a lot. So even if you apply any products and go out, the effects of pollution will be visible a little bit. But yes, you can try some remedies that will recover your skin from the effects of pollution. Also, you can follow a perfect skincare routine.
Cigarette smoke, vehicles emitting smoke, smoke emitted from industries are some pollutants that can damage the skin to a greater extent.
What are the effects of pollution on your skin?
- Allergic skin reactions
- Blackheads, pimples, acne
The ways from which you can protect your skin:
- You should always remove your makeup before going to sleep or after reaching home and properly cleanse your face twice a day. Cleansing will help to remove all the dirt and pollutants stuck to your face.
- Exfoliating your skin prevents dirt and pollutants from building up on your skin. So you should exfoliate your skin twice a week or thrice a week
- Before going out you should always apply sunscreen to protect your skin from UV rays or any other pollutants. Mineral-based sunscreens are good for your skin. Also, choose a sunscreen that has at least SPF 50.
- Use the serums which contain vitamin C and Vitamin E to glow up your skin and to boost up collagen.
- Follow a good night skincare routine. Following a skincare routine at night will help you to wash out all the pollutants that are stuck to your face throughout the day. And as at night skin absorbs more so it will be able to absorb all the nutrients from the products.
- Use the product that will result in the clearing of all the debris and dust that has buildup on your skin surface.
- If you follow a certain skincare routine then try the products which include glycerine and niacinamide.
- You can also protect your skin by wearing long sleeve dresses or tops or wrapping a scarf around your face whenever going out on a hot day.
- Staying hydrated is also very important as the pollutants dehydrate and irritate your skin. So drinking water may keep your skin hydrated.
- Putting on a face mask twice a week will also be a good choice for smooth and pollutant-free skin. You can choose a face mask that contains salicylic acid and activated charcoal.
- As the pollutants may cause dryness to your skin you must apply a hydrating moisturizer to prevent your skin from becoming cracked or dry.
- Vitamin C supplements will also help to prevent any damages to your skin. You can also add foods that contain vitamin C to your diet for healthy skin.
These are some of the ways through which you can protect your skin from getting damaged because of any pollutants and dirt and keep your skin healthy.