Kareena Kapoor Khan and Saif Ali Khan welcomed their second child in February this year. But till now they have not exposed the photo of the baby. You already know that when their first child was named Taimur, it led to huge Chaos on Twitter and a lot of controversies. But eventually, everyone forgot about it. After the second child was born, Randhir Kapoor revealed that the baby’s name is Jeh. This was not a problem for everyone until Kareena launched her new book Pregnancy Bible: The Ultimate Manual For Moms-to-be, in which people noticed something.
In the book which was out on Monday, according to some reports, Jeh’s full name was all revealed in its pages. Although it is not so confirmed as nothing was actually mentioned in the launch event of the book when Karan Johar on an Instagram live chat asked that “are we allowed to mention his name out in the public debate now? Can we say that you call him what you call him?” For which Kareena replied, ” Yeah, it’s Jeh Ali Khan”.
According to some reports, it is clear that Jeh’s full name is Jahangir Ali Khan as was actually mentioned in the captions of the pictures of a baby in the last few pages of her new book. Although in the full book Kareena addresses her baby as Jeh, on some pages of the book, she has mentioned Jehangir for some photo captions. But it is not sure yet as Kareena Kapoor Khan or Saif Ali Khan have not openly accepted that they have kept their son’s name as Jehangir.
As you may remember, in 2016, when Kareena Kapoor Khan and Saif Ali Khan chose to keep their first son’s name Taimur, It led to a huge controversy, and Twitter was actually overflowed with netizens offending it. The cause of the controversy was that Taimur’s name was in association with the 14th-century Central Asian invader Timur. And now people are trolling Saif and Kareena for naming their child Jehangir in comparison with Mughal Emperor Jahangir. The people are trolling them badly for naming a Mughal emperor’s name for their child. While some said that it’s the choice of the baby’s parents and it’s none of our business.
There are some of the tweets made by netizens while they shared their thoughts on this:
- “I think we are unnecessarily fighting over the fact that why Kareena kept the name of a barbaric Mughal emperor. Yes! She belongs to a Punjabi family but her roots belong to Peshawar. Don’t forget”
- “It’s #jehangir not #jeh…Burnol moment for Bhakt… thank you #KareenaKapoorKhan and #SaifAliKhan”
- “So you can’t even name your own babies anymore”
- “After Hindu killer Taimur, Sikh Guru Arjan Dev killer Jahangir. #Saifalikhan doesn’t like being names for his kids.”
- “After terrorists Taimur, Saif Ali Khan and Kareena name their 2nd son as Jahangir. The man who killed Guru Arjan the 5th Sikh guru of Sikhs. Kudos Bollywood. Hats off to the seculars of India.”
- “Many Twitter handles are rejoicing Taimur, Jahangir, and Mughals. but let’s not forget that the Jahangir killed Guru Arjan Dev Ji, invaders massacred our ancestors and looted India. We need to be a little sensitive.”
Now as the news was spreading, Saif’s sister Saba Ali Khan came in support and posted on Instagram the story “Jeh… Jaan what’s in a name? Love… live and let it be. Children are God’s blessings.”
All we can say is that people are giving mixed points of view for this scenario. Some people defended them saying that it depends on the parents what they should name their child, and we are not the ones to give our point of view on that, while other people are all offended by their decision to do so. However, no official statement has been released by Kareena Kapoor Khan or Saif Ali Khan.