COVID-19 had a big impact on our lives. Many cases are reported day by day. Before the foundation of vaccines, there was a difficulty that doctors were facing in controlling the virus. But as now the vaccine has been discovered, it has become kinda easy to control the spread of the virus. But as you may know, many vaccines are beneficial but also have some side effects. The same goes with this vaccine too.
As you may know, vaccines will help to build immunity in your body, but according to some doctors, due to the inflammatory mediators spread throughout the body, it may cause a mild fever, muscles aches, and also headaches. While on the other hand, some people may not face any side effects and that’s perfectly fine. Still the vaccine will be effective.
Some of the common symptoms are:
- Soreness around the injection site
- Mild fever
- Body weakness
- Muscle pain
What should you do to handle the fever?
Firstly, there is nothing to panic about the fever as it is common among everyone who has got vaccinated. Although it may be exhausting for 2-3 days as you may feel body weakness too, after 2-3 days it will be alright. There are some steps to treat yourself if you do not feel comfortable:
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated always and to avoid weakness.
- Have a nice sleep. One may face headaches, muscle pain, and body weakness. So in order to avoid this, it’s better to have a rest and to have a nice sleep to feel refreshed.
- If you suffer from some muscle pain and headache that is discomforting, you can take a paracetamol tablet by consulting your doctor ( only if needed).
- If you have any difficulty in breathing and feel dizzy, then make sure to consult your doctor.
- It is better to avoid physical activities for some days and take some rest in order to avoid more weakness in your body.
- Take care of your daily diet. Include all the foods that have nutrients, proteins, and some foods which will increase immunity. Avoid eating junk foods and oily or fatty foods too, to keep your body more healthy.
- If you work from home, try to limit your work because it will cause more headaches, body aches, which can be very discomforting. Try to avoid the work for a week to recover completely from the weakness.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine intake. Excessive amounts of alcohol and caffeine will always prove to be harmful to your body, and especially, with this weakness in your body, you should definitely avoid this for some time till you recover fully.
- Try to control your mental stress. You are already facing headaches and weakness, and with this, if you take any mental stress, it will increase the discomfort more. So try to avoid mental stress by doing some yoga or by adapting some hobbies to distract yourself from stress or anxiety.
Usually, the effects of the vaccine are very mild and gone in a few days, but even if you feel any other type of more discomforting effects, you should consult your doctor.